Friday, August 31, 2007

Preseason: Lions @ Colts

Yes I went to a preseason NFL game. Yes I was given the tickets (big thanks to my supplier Jason). Still, $8.50 for a pretzel and Diet Coke is pretty bad. But it was a new experience for Grant Brown. My friend Eric took his son Grant to the game for the first time. At first, Grant was a little overwhelmed (50,000+ people...I'd be overwhelmed my first time too. Fortunately for me, in 1999 when I started going to games there were only 50 people there, counting the security guards and concession workers). Grant warmed up as the game went along. His brand new Marvin Harrison jersey helped a bit too. By the third quarter he was shouting "Defense!" and getting high fives from guys around him when the Colts got a turnover. A fun night for a new Colts fan.